Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bookworm

The mind is such a beautiful thing to marvel in… brilliant composers from across the world have presented masterful literary work in knowledge and learning. When we exercise its ability through routine reading, we are enhancing our social, mental and spiritual health. Much like conditioning our bodies through strenuous activity, sharpening one of our greatest assets can promote steady focus and character building qualities.
Growing up as a child I never read many books, other than the random assignments in school, books were a pretty low priority. Thankfully the books I did read left a lasting impression: C.S. Lewis – The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Ramona the Pest – Beverly Cleary and Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White. These tantalizing tales of adventure, friendship and mortality fostered loving stories of life. Now a day’s reading has become a regular routine…
As I’ve gotten older I find myself reading many forms of literature – Novels, American History (WWII) and newspaper columns currently fit the mold. By broadening my perspective in voice and written outline, my mind is continuously bending… absorbing humanities distinguished track record and lasting legacy. I encourage you to train yourself, establish the beneficial traits of learning and allow the time to grow mentally.

I don’t think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday ~ Abraham Lincoln
Books I am reading:

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein (Amazing novel)
The Fashion Book by Phaidon Press
The Pacific by Hugh Ambrose
CRUSH IT! Why Now is the time to cash in on your passion by Gary Vaynerchuk
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr Suess

All the best, Mark Nava

Images:  We Heart It

1 comment:

  1. I loveeeeee to read! Especially books by J.D Robb, Robert A. Heinlein, Sherrilyn Kenyon, J.R. Ward, & Paul Gibson.

    ReplyDelete